Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bout of Books: Challenges

BoB9.0 200x200 Bout of Books 9.0!The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
I hope to take part in a few of the challenges hosted so to keep them organised and easy to view, any of the challenges I take part in my entries will be posted here! 
MONDAY: BOOK BUYING SPREE (BOOKISHCOMFORTS)

Imagine you've won $100 for a book buying spree, but what do you buy? Create your book buying spree wishlist.
So I'm aware this is a day late so I can't actually enter the contest but I still loved the idea of this challenge and wanted to take part even though I wont be eligible to win, because I think this'll be rather difficult for me to select which books I'd want, lets see how it goes.
Wow, believe it or not this was actually a hell of a lot easier than I imagined, my wishlist is so long I just went to my wishlist next in series and found a few before thinking really hard about other books I needed a paperback copy of or was dying to read! I enjoy doing this :)
TUESDAY: READING TACTICS (SARAHSAYSREAD)
How do you fit in as much reading as possible during Bout of Books? How do you squeeze in those extra pages?

Well usually I make sure that I have everything I need to do done before the read-a-thon starts, unfortunately this time round I didn't because I was enjoying my time at home and now I'm trying to squeeze in an essay and a read-a-thon. Oops. Other than that I also try and make sure to read before bed every night because I know I'm most relaxed then with no distractions and can usually read for a good two hours or so.
THURSDAY: FOUND POEM (PENINHERHAND)
Create a found poem by picking any novel from any genre that you're reading or have finished, pick a number between 1 and 10 (8)and follow these steps:
1. Flip to a page at random, use your trusty number to could down 8 lines, then 8 words, write the word down and repeat until you have fourteen words.
2. Delete two words and add in two of your own.
3. Arrange your words any way you like to finish your found poem.

I'm using Daughter of Smoke and Bone seeing as that's what I'm currently reading and my number is eight, the fourteen words that I ended up with are: and, in, angels, himself, just, a, good, thunderous, friends, tea, assistant, still, she, whirling.
I'm removing she and tea, to add in with and times.

Just himself, whirling
in thunderous times,
with angels and friends.
Still a good assistant.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I especially love the opening: Just himself, whirling in thunderous times... Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it! Great sense of movement with the sort of no-nonsense ending I like in poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult to do, I had to keep track of every word I used but it was fun! Thank you :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.