Thursday 27 March 2014

DNF Review: Total Blueprint for World Domination by Jolene Stockman

Total Blueprint for World Domination by Jolene Stockman

Published: 1st August 2011 by Braincandy
Genre: Non Fiction / Self Help
Page Count: 106
Format: eBook
Source: Won from a blog / Copy provided by author

Synopsis: Target big dreams and build a plan to achieve them! You've got one life, one shot, and all the power to make it happen. Get ready to dream big and live big. It's all up to you. And it starts now. 

Total Blueprint for World Domination (17,000 words) is a powerful life-planning book for teens that will inspire. The book lets readers: 
*Explore hidden passions and find direction. 
*Create heart-pounding, toe-tingling goals. 
*Recruit an army for support. 
*Design a dream world and make it happen. 
*Achieve world domination step-by-step. 

Full of tips and tricks for tackling life's challenges, Total Blueprint for World Domination is a book that will motivate readers to take their life to the next level. 


Anything is possible. And anything is possible for you. Believe it. Total Blueprint for World Domination takes you from this very second to your greatest dreams. So, are you ready?

Purchase: Amazon UK* / Amazon US
Free: Smashwords / B&N

Jolene Stockman:
 Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
*When purchasing through this link, I will receive a small amount, once I have enough saved up I will put it towards a giveaway.

Review: 
3 / 5 stars
Did not finish

I believe that Total Blueprint for World Domination was one of the first ebooks I ever won and I'm pretty sure this was from a blog reviewing it, and the copy was then provided by the author, please excuse me if I am wrong because this was added to my Goodreads shelf in March 2012. However no matter how this book came to my kindle, it doesn't change my opinion.

I first started reading this book April 2012 and tried to fully invest myself into it, I made notes and took part with every aspect of it but ultimately I put it on hold and gave it the "its not you, its me" talk.

Finally last month I decided to take it off my on hold shelf and try and finish it, but as I'm slowly getting happier with did not finish books, I decided this was the best for this book.

But now I hear you ask, well why such a decent rating for a book you clearly didn't enjoy?

And its that simple, I didn't enjoy it.

Non fiction isn't my usual kind of reads, I figured I'd give it a go, how bad can a self help book be, and that's just it, it isn't bad.

But I am. I have too many issues with myself, too much anxiety and too much pessimism, to see how this book can be helpful for me.

Believe me I tried.

That is the whole point of the book after all, to better yourself and your life plans.

But all I could think was "ah yes, this could work, if I wasn't me".

So don't let me not finishing it put you off, because it is helpful, it has some very valid points.

However, I am not at a time in my life where I'm physically or mentally able to tackle my own problems just yet.

So all in all,, good book, just not for me.


2 comments:

  1. You're OK Lauren, when you get to my age, you'll have a better appreciation for self-help books, you'll seek it out! LOL

    So right now, stay fanciful and live your life they way you want it, trust your instincts, make mistakes. You'll make enough to prime you for books like this, I promise.

    XOXO,
    Braine
    Oldie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe, my mum reads a lot and she got me one for Christmas - even though she refuses to buy any that are on my wishlist.

      Thank you :* xoxox

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.