Friday, 14 July 2017

Video Game Review: Whispering Willows

 
Whispering Willow by Night Light Interactive
Genre:
Adventure / Indie

Release Date:
9th July 2014

Gifted to me on Steam
Synopsis:
Interact with the spirits of the dead, solve the puzzles of the mysterious mansion and help Elena find her missing father in the horror/adventure puzzle game: Whispering Willows.

Initial Steam Review:

I received this game as a gift during the Summer Sale - thank you friend!

Whispering Willows is a short game compared to others, could probably be completed in 3 hours or so but I was very thorough and paused to eat tea.

Its a good game, well executed, well designed - right down to its puzzles, lighting, sound, and two ways of movement through the game.

I really enjoyed the story that is told and would happily recommend it to others who enjoy this type of game.

I also got it listed in the "Games Featuring Dogs" curators for its Ghost Doggo because omgosh wasn't he adorable.

Added to this it has some achievements that made me happy - checking on a stuffed Fox you get the achievement "what does the fox say?" and near the end if you check on a fireplace you get a Dark Souls (bonfire) achievement.

I think the only downside to this game was the art in the scenes that weren't game-play - like the still images of art - weren't as higher quality as the rest imo. BUT it wasn't a huge distraction or let down, that's just me nitpicking.

Anyway it was fun and worth my time, please straight forward to get 100% in.
For once I don't think I need to expand on this as I only wrote it earlier this week and kept in mind I'd be posting it here too.
I recommend playing this game
Also I'm slowly rolling out a few new designs on Northern Plunder, did you like the header? Its super cute right? The elf girl is my DnD character which my lovely friend Jenny drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting, we'll stop by and return the favour soon so feel free to share links.

Captcha is turned off for your convenience, if its magically turned on let us know.